We are seeking a Planning & Urban Design Technician to join our dynamic and growing team. Reporting to the Senior Associate, Urban Design, this position will be responsible for data management and analysis, the preparation of maps and report figures using Adobe Suite and GIS software, preparing conceptual site designs and layouts including 3D massing and other related tasks as required.
• Prepare various maps using Open Data, QGIS and Adobe Creative Suite for a variety of municipalities across the GTA and Ontario;
• Prepare conceptual massing scenarios and testing of various built form options using Sketchup and AutoCAD, where required;
• Review, organize, input and maintain research regarding Committee of Adjustment or Rezoning development applications for use in preparing various reports and studies;
• Assist in the preparation of planning and urban design studies and reports;
• Assist in the application submission process; and
• Other duties as assigned and or required.
• Training and or suitable experience in GIS software, including QGIS;
• Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs;
• Experience and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
• Experience and familiarity with Sketchup and AutoCAD;
• Undergraduate planning or related degree with a specialization in land use planning and or urban design; or
• Urban and Regional Planning Technician diploma or comparable program;
• Design creativity and passion with an understanding of current design theory and application;
• Excellent written and oral communication and strong time management skills;
• Type G Drivers License and access to a vehicle would be an asset.
WND offers a competitive compensation program and company health benefits after three months of employment. Compensation will be consummate with experience and significant advancement opportunities are available for ambitious applicants.
This position is being offered immediately and on a full-time basis. Please note that only resumes in keeping with these qualifications will be assessed and only those invited for an interview will be notified.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and Curriculum Viata or Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2020. A brief portfolio (under 15MB) of past work would be an asset.